ASBURY PARK – The city’s newest luxury building will provide chic accommodations for residents.
iStar, the developer of the Asbury Ocean Club, Surfside Resort and Residences at 1101 Ocean Avenue, unveiled renderings of some of the 17-story skyscraper’s new amenities on Wednesday.
Features include: yoga room with sun-heated meditation deck, library, game room with pool table, 65-by-30-foot pool with ocean views, private locker rooms with showers, a fitness room and a projection room with 17 seats. There will also be 24/7 concierge service for residents, available to help them with things like grocery shopping and stocking fridges, or arranging dinner reservations.
There are 130 condo units planned for the residential portion of the building. The residences will be located atop a 54-room boutique hotel. You can see what the exterior of the building will look like in the video above.
“We adopted an open, light and airy vernacular beach house, and we kept materials simple – concrete and glass with wood accents,” said Gary Handel, principal of Handel Architects, which partners with iStar on the Asbury Ocean Club project.
“The balconies extend to accentuate the horizontal quality of the views. We then added a slight curvature to the building to reflect the shoreline.
Pricing for one-bedroom units is expected to start at $900,000.
GETTING THERE :The Reeves Foundation wants Asbury Park to be a model of accessibility
iStar, a New York-based real estate investment firm, is the city’s master waterfront developer. He has spent more than $300 million in the city so far as part of a 10-year, multi-billion dollar development plan along a 1.25-mile stretch of the city’s waterfront. , according to a press release.
You can take a look at the gear renders below.
“It’s impossible to find a place so close to New York, on the ocean, with incredible buildings of great architectural significance, amazing history and soul, and a major music scene,” said Anda Andrei, designer of the building.
Following:Billion Dollar Renaissance: The New Face of Asbury Park
“With Asbury Ocean Club, we strike a beautiful balance true to beachside living – luxurious without being pretentious, casual yet chic – the elegance of timeless materials in a modern, contemporary setting. It’s unlike anything in the area, the building feels like it belongs on this beach.
Here are the amenities and features listed by iStar so far for the building:
- Fitness center programmed by The Wright Fit
- Spa with massage, manicure/pedicure and relaxation rooms
- Yoga room with meditation terrace
- Private changing rooms with showers
- Library and games room with billiards
- Children’s playroom
- Projection room with sofas and poufs
- Event room with open kitchen
- Business center with private offices, meeting room, and state-of-the-art video conferencing capabilities
- 65-foot by 30-foot ocean-view pool with lounge chairs, lounge chairs, towel service, and poolside bar and grill
- Glass garden pavilion with water mirror
- Outdoor fireplace and living room
- dog wash
- Surfboard/paddle board storage
- Private members-only beach club, planned for 2020
Austin Bugs 732-643-4009; [email protected]